To Whom It May Concern

Putting a "random" section on my blog instead of something like "lifestyle" it does says a lot about me. Ok, it doesn't say a lot but I guess it's funny because it sort of shows my lack of self-knowledge. Am I over-analyzing here? In my defense, it's 6:00 a.m and I haven't slept yet so I believe I must be authorized.

Alright, when I started this blog I didn't want it to get too personal but there are some things you'll find out about me. I write quite often, mostly on my mother tongue (which is why I forced myself to write this blog in english), but I always find my writings too silly or bad or sounding terrible pretentious and, even though I'm not the type of person who seeks for validation, when someone compliments my writings I feel like Beyoncé performing a show (I'm sure you can relate by your own analogy).

Therefore, I decided to start a blog based on stuff I like/do and keep my personal writings to myself. I now understand why I have so much trouble in showing my work: it's just like getting naked, constantly, in front of tons of different people who might just happen to be your grandparents. So, one can see how awkward and twisted that can be. Don't worry, I won't get all Kafka and ask my buddy to burn all my written works as soon as i'm out of this world, it gave me too much trouble and I would probably be too lazy to ask him that. Also, kinda sad if that hypothetical buddy of mine actually did it and then I wouldn't have anyone saying these type of things about me:

My decision [rests] simply and solely on the fact that Kafka's unpublished work contains the most wonderful treasures, and, measured against his own work, the best things he has written. In all honesty, I must confess that this one fact of the literary and ethical value of what I am publishing would have been enough to make me decide to do so definitely, finally, and irresistibly, even if I had no single objection to raise against the validity of Kafka's last wishes. Max Brod (From the postscript to the first edition of The Trial)

Can you imagine?? I feel like I'm getting off-topic here. But I just wanted you to know that I can be very dramatic, profound, introspective, [insert very serious words] but I just prefer to show you a funnier version of myself since everyone is depressed as hell but no one wants to read about it on a blog. Because then you'd think "Shit, I totally can relate, should I start seing a therapist? Hm no, meeting people is already too complex, I should avoid it as much as possible" and other variations. Also, you already have Literature, Philosophy, Cinema... to mess with your head so come by when you're feeling particularly shitty and just feel like reading about my nails. No, I don't really care about them but they're really pretty, so, maybe about my shoes? Recipes? Or just to take a look at this classy lady:





2 comentários:

  1. oh, this lady is super cute!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you so much! I rarely go to twitter but still, thanks for the gesture! I'll follow you back for sure :) xx

      Eliminar

 

Meet The Author